Friday, May 29, 2009

TEIA AT HOME








Teia and I went home unexpectedly two Wednesdays ago. Gramz wasn't expected to make it through the week, so we headed out on the next possible flight. She was admitted to Kaiser with pneumonia and within the week of being there she had a severe heart attack, a stroke (lost ability to swallow and speak), and started bleeding internally. Gramz can't eat at all and she requested years ago to not have any tube feeding or anything that would prolong her life. She's too fragile for surgery or any other procedures, so Gramz is now being cared for at a Hospice center in Ewa. She's a tough cookie! While I spent everyday and night at the hospital with Gramz, my sis, my mom, and aunty....Teia was cared for by her uncle Lionel (my bro in-law)or her aunty Aisha (my best friend since elementary). They kept her busy and she had a blast with her cousins and dog cousins too. She misses them so much. Thank goodness with a lot of support from family....we get to go back next month!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot to deal with for your Gramz. I hope she's doing alright and that all your family is getting by too. I sure do miss you! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have to post MY picture!! I need to lose some weight before you do that! :) XOXO Aish

    ReplyDelete