I had a LONG weekend at UVRMC doing my school clinicals on the Med/Surg unit. As you could imagine, I'm exposed to a lot of bodily fluids (interesting people too). I like to be cautious (call it smart or paranoia), so I don't greet my kids with hugs when I get home until after I've had shower.
On Saturday, Craig and the kids picked me up from the hospital after my shift. As I got out of the truck I explained to Teia why I couldn't take her out of her car seat and hold her.
MOM: Tei...momma can't get you out of the truck because momma worked with a lot of sicky people today. momma has "kaka" all over. I can't hold you until after I "bochas."
TEI: (pouty face)
Craig get's Teia out of her car seat and holds her while walking.
TEI (to daddy): Why didn't momma take care of me today? I'm sicky people too.
Craig and I bust up laughing!!
TEI: It's not funny.
Craig and I laugh harder!!
TEI: I said it's not funny! (It's written all over her face too)
She wasn't trying to be cute or funny. She was serious in her thoughts and comments. Why didn't her momma take care of her when she wasn't feeling 100% today. I can't wait until this school madness is over. My little girl is growing up too fast.
Seven Minutes
1 day ago








hee hee!! That's funny.
ReplyDelete