Okay! This might be far out in left field. But, it has special meaning to me. Remember high school days when we used to write notes or write messages in each other's yearbooks? Well, almost always we included a song dedication with our message. It was the thing to do! We loved reading what song was dedicated to us! Okay! I was sitting at the computer doing a case study on a cancer patient. Depressing....thinking of my mom who is diagnosed with a similar type of cancer...peritoneal cancer. I decided I would play some CD's on my computer to cheer me up...music always does. I put in Carrie Underwood....of course...she's an AI winner...season 4. I played her song "Jesus Take the Wheel" over and over. I couldn't help, but think of a dear friend...Jerilyn. She had that song as a ring tone for her phone for awhile. Well...one beautiful, sunny, fresh air day in Hawaii....I was visiting home....my sister put in Carrie's CD and "Jesus Take the Wheel" played over and over. I came to tears as I was home (my real home) thinking about the special people in my life that I've come to love back in Utah. I thought of Jerilyn and thought that I couldn't handle the day I would have to say goodbye to her (if we ever left Utah). I thought about how much I loved her and how grateful I am to her for a zillion reasons. Just to name two...she's a STRONG woman with a generous heart. We've watched and stoodby eachother through life's trials and survived Provo life around the 800/880 North block=0)
I would like to let many others in my life know how much I love them. I'm going to start blogging some "OLD SKOOL" dedications to my dearest and beloved.
Here's to bringing back old traditions!
To: Jerilyn Anderson (Metler)
Luv: Meliss
Song: Jesus Take the Wheel
Message: Thank you for MANY years of support, love, fun, tears, memories, lessons learned, late nights, trials endured, okay...gossip, most of all...examples of the strength of a woman. I love you!








How sweet!! What a great tribute.
ReplyDelete